1. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In visiting our website and using our Services, there are several ways that we may collect personal information from you, whether explicitly or automatically.
First, we may ask you to provide personal information as part of providing you with requested Services or when corresponding with you. This may include the following instances:
- For Registered Subscribers:
- The information entered into the eCaring system regarding the personal home healthcare of your loved ones is collected for your personal use. This information may include any information you choose to enter into the system, such as the day-to-day activities of your loved ones, information about their care, conditions, status and problems, vital signs, medication given, appointments and the hours during which they are being given care. You have control over who accesses such information on your end, and if you choose to do so, you may grant viewing or editing authorization to others. You can also limit such access and/or completely delete the information entered into the eCaring system at any time. Since deleted data will not be restored, you may want to print information before deleting it.
- Additionally, when you register to use the Services, whether as a Beta user or a paid subscriber, we collect your contact information provided – which may include your name, business name, phone number, address, email address (“Contact Information”), password created, and similar information for all of your authorized users – in order to be able to contact you, verify your account and allow you to log in in future instances.
- When You Communicate With Us: When you contact us with questions, comments or for purposes of customer/technical support, we collect the information contained in your message, which may your Contact Information and any other personal information you provide. We will also collect such information when you ask to be included in our mailing lists or express an interest in hearing more about the Services, in order to send you information in the future regarding the Services, eCaring partners, related services, promotions or events.
- When You Fill Out a Survey: We may collect your Contact Information through surveys we may conduct from time to time in respect of the Services. Participation and providing information in surveys is optional.
In addition to the above, we may collect further information from you automatically. Whenever you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and aggregates information in respect of your visit through the use of “cookies” and otherwise. This information may include referring websites, browser type, browser language, operating system, the pages that you access, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our site (such as the pages you’ve viewed and the links clicked).
2. WHAT WE DO OR MIGHT DO WITH THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information provided to us to:
- Collect and store it for your use of the eCaring Services;
- Contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates or other information important to support the Services. We may contact you to ensure that the information we have in our records is accurate or when in need of additional information to complete your profile;
- Receive feedback and comments from you about our Services and inquire about any features you would like to see in future offerings. We may also contact you to ask for your satisfaction rate, also you of upgrades, technical issues, promotions and additional products that you may be interested in;
- Send out newsletters to you with articles and information which we believe may be of interest to you;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Evaluate your use, preferences and trends for our own internal statistical and analytical purposes which we may use for marketing purposes and in respect of operations and product development;
- Prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal;
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about users, sales, traffic patterns, and other information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information.
4. LINKS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
You, and only you, can approve access to third parties and service providers to view and copy your home health care information. So keep in mind that if you grant such third parties access to your health information, eCaring will not and cannot be not responsible for their content, performance what they choose to do with your information or their privacy practices.
Some of third-party service providers that you may choose to provide access to your account may be covered by federal and state health privacy laws (such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or “HIPAA”), and those laws will govern how they may use and share your information. HIPAA requires (as does eCaring) that you must authorize these providers to send information to your eCaring account. With that authorization, you also give them permission to send certain especially sensitive types of health information (such as mental health or substance abuse records) that are protected by federal and state laws and require special authorization. When you ask eCaring to send your home health care information to others, you will also be giving eCaring permission to send those sensitive types of health information to parties that you designate.
5. SECURING THE INFORMATION
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the information collected and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. This includes encrypting your information transmitted by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure security and adhering to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. eCaring, however, cannot guarantee the security of information obtained in conjunction with the use of its Services. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of such information at any time.
For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see the Department of Commerce’s web site.
In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your account by ensuring no one else uses your computer when you are logged in, by logging off from the site when it is not in use and by keeping your password confidential.
6. ACCESS, MODIFICATION AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
You can access and modify your eCaring account information directly by logging in to your account as well as make any changes to any consent that you may have given in respect of us contacting you relating to information that you receive from us. At any time, you may also ask that your preferences as to the type of communications that you receive from us are modified in order to stop receiving them or to be added to our mailing list.
7. RETENTION AND STORAGE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will retain your information for a reasonable time to permit us to use it for the purposes that we have communicated to you. We may use the services of third party companies to physically collect and store your information on our behalf. Any such companies will have to comply with the terms of this policy.
9. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
The information that is collected by eCaring is considered to be an asset. In the event that eCaring, any affiliated company, division or portions of its assets are acquired by another company, such information may be one of the transferred assets. We will take reasonable steps to place a notification of such a transfer on our website.
10. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using our services, accessing our website or purchasing our products you are consenting to the practices relating to information collection and use that are described in this policy.
11. CONTACTING US
Any requests for access to your information, modification of your information or questions in respect of this policy should be sent to the following email address email@example.com.
Version: October 2011